Pulsar Digisight N550

Pulsar Digisight N550

Postby rcruss » Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:31 pm

I use a Pulsar Digisight N550 with optional IR940. Some call this scope "Russian junk" However I've viewed other American made conventional Night Vision (Gen2 & Gen3 tube types) and I feel there is no comparison. I clearly identify all targets and dont see a green blur. In addition, there is no tube to burn out when encountering light. Of course there's a huge price difference here as well. My digital scope was a fraction of the cost of the tube types. For me, its a no brainer of which to buy. I love my Digisight N550. (P.S.- Did I mention the fact that the N550 has a video out connection allowing me to record video of the night hunt?). My only complaint is that my state of Oklahoma does not allow lights or Night Vision. Wake up Oklahoma !, until then, Catch me if you can. ( just kidding of course ???) :lol:
rcruss

Re: Pulsar Digisight N550

Postby Double Naught Spy » Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:24 pm

I have a Pulsar N550 as well. They aren't currently being made, having been replaced by the N750. However, I like mine as well and have been able to use it quite well for hunting. My longest attempted as well as longest successful shot with it was 170 yards, though others have used them at greater distances.

Some of my videos can be seen here...
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... e3te-Ko1DG
Kill a hog. Save the planet.
Double Naught Spy

Re: Pulsar Digisight N550

Postby rcruss » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:23 am

Say Double Naught....just checked out yer 1st video. Great pics goin back to watch more. Thanks for posting...good to see some success with the Digisight. Sure wish I had some of your night hunt opportunities. Again, Good Stuff, keep posting!
rcruss

Return to Infrared Illumination